Tuesday, September 30, 2008
1. Were you married at the time? when I got pregnant, no. when I delivered, yes
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? I came out of the bathroom, looked at hubby, and said "I'm effing pregnant!"
3. How old were you? 23
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? some girls at work told me I was. I have always been irregular, and my only symptom was that I was tired all the time. A pregnancy test later that day confirmed it.
5. Who did you tell first? hubby, but my sister cheryl was in the room.
6. Did you want to find out the sex? yes!
7. Due date? oct 25
8. Did you deliver early or late? late, he was born nov 6
9. Did you have morning sickness? nope.
10. What did you crave? milk and fudge bars
11. Who irritated you the most? everyone!
12. What was your first child's sex? boy
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 80 something...in my defense, I had just lost 40 pounds, and gained it all right back in the first few months, then developed gestational diabetes. Plus, I ate EVERYTHING in sight!
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? just the diabetes
15. Where did you give birth? spartanburg, sc
16. How many hours were you in labor? first contraction to delivery...36 hours
17. Who drove you to the hospital? hubby
18.Who watched? hubby and my mom
19. Was it vaginal or c-section? c-section
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? not until about 28 hours in, then I got an epidural
21. How much did your child weigh? 8 lbs 13 oz (he wasn't my biggest...brandi was 9 lbs 13 oz)
22. What did you name him/her? ryan
23. How old is your first born today? he'll be 13 in a few weeks!
~I am finally starting to feel better. Yay! Whatever I had kicked my butt. Now brandi has the sniffles. I hope she gets over it quicker than me.
~I still have a n/a rank this morning. I hope that changes soon. I started going back to my oldest posts and labeling them all, because I read somewhere that having posts labeled helps with page rank. Anyone know if this is true? I hope so, because this is a total pain in the butt and has already wasted enough of my time.
~Where was everyone yesterday?
~jenn, I hope trevor had an amazing birthday!
~carrie, I hope you had an awesome first day (night) of work!
~Hubby is off today. This usually means I'll get nothing done today, and for some reason I have a ton of laundry to do.
~saturday afternoon, my kitchen flooded. The hot water pipe under the sink broke, and water was shooting everywhere! Thank goodness ryan was home, because he just reached under there and turned off the water. i wouldn't have known what to do. Hubby had to come home from work to fix it. We could have waited and put in a complaint with the rental agency, but I needed hot water, and it only cost about $8 to fix.
~maybe I have so much laundry because I had to use every towel in my house to clean up the flood, and I got behind having to wash them all!
~I need to go rush the kiddos a little. Have a great tuesday!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
7 things I plan to do before I die
~watch my kids get married
~hold my grandchildren (and maybe some great-grandchildren)
~help my hubby make peace with his family (I don't know about me and them...I need a lot of apologies first)
~get my license (yeah, right!)
~catch a record breaking fish
~have a real wedding (I was married in the courthouse)
~always be as happy as I am right now
7 things I do now
~raise three awesome kids
~clean my house...it's never ending!
~read lots and lots of books!
~laugh...luckily we do that every day around here..I live with a bunch of comedians
~try to sell my crafts
7 things I can't do
~knit very well
~keep up with laundry around here! Where does it come from????
~get rid of this cold! I still feel like crap!
~cook pork chops! They never come out right!
~make myself forgive some people who seriously deserve my forgiveness.
7 things that attract me to the opposite sex
~sense of humor
~blue eyes (must be blue...I've never dated a guy whose eyes weren't blue!)
~loves kids, especially mine! :)
~great smile...you know, the kind that lights up your whole face
7 things I say most often
~I need some peace and quiet!!!!
~do your homework
~where's the remote? (it always disappears)
~who's cuter than you? (I say this to boo, and she responds with "nobody")
~love you more
~go ask your daddy
7 celebrities that I admire
~I am totally skipping this one, because I seriously can not think of any right now. Too many things have been accepted as right these days, that aren't.
7 favorite foods
~my bbq chicken
~chocolate peanut butter ice cream
~did I mention chinese yet?
(looking at this list, can you see why I can't lose weight?)
7 people who need to do this
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you either positively or negatively
2. link back to the person who tagged you the amazing diana!
3. link back to this parent post: tag post
4.tag a few friends or five, or none at all
5. post these rules— or just have fun breaking them!
1. Blogging has allowed me to share things I would never share with my "real life" friends. My hubby doesn't know how much I weigh, yet I have met some amazing women who not only know, but support me in my neverending battle to lose some of it.
2. Blogging allows me to come out of my shell. I am very shy, and hate being around people I don't know. Online, I can be who I am without being judged. People get to know ME, not the person on the outside, but who I am inside.
3. This past month, I started doing paid posts so I can make some money for christmas. I never knew you could make so much money in such a short period of time, just by checking the computer on and off throughout the day. I love it! I can still be home for the kids, and feel like I am contributing to the household.
4. I can vent! Anyone with access to my journey knows how hard it's been with family (in-laws) these past few months, and I appreciate the love and support offered there.
5. Although sometimes I can "lose" an entire day sitting here, I wouldn't stop for anything!
carrie, jenn, miss donna, and crystal
If you like what you see, tell your friends!
Oh, and how about that headers? I actually made that out of wood, too! Now when mom and I start doing craft fairs, I have that to hang.
I have decided on a name for my etsy shop, and it is a variation of the current favorite. You, of course, will have to visit my shop to see what it is! Hopefully I will have it all figured out in a few days....if I could just get rid of this headache!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Yorkies make excellent pets for families with children, like mine. These little guys are great around children. It is probably more dangerous for them, seeing as how tiny they are. An overeager child could easily squeeze these little cuties too hard. Then there is the risk of stepping on a yorkie. They love to follow their owners, and can easily get underfoot. But I guess that is a possibility with all small animals. I know the other morning, hubby stepped on Gloria, our kitten, because she is so tiny. Don't worry, she's fine. Yorkies are also territorial, so we would be getting a kind of watchdog. My girls would love being able to brush their long, flowing coats. They can spend hours putting bows in my hair, so I know they would keep a puppy well decorated. I did learn that the bows on top of a yorkies head actually keep the hair out of their eyes. Learning all I did from this amazing site about Teacup Yorkie Dogs, I can see us welcoming a yorkie into our family. I think it would be a perfect fit. I already have visions of a puppy chasing my kids, and cats, around our little yard.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Comodo has a vision of a Trusted Internet, where you can verify a site's credibility immediately, in real time. Your computer will be able to defend your identity, ensuring that your information is not compromised. They believe this should be available to everyone. I agree. Just because I can not afford fancy software doesn't mean I should be vulnerable while online. Comodo offers free downloads for everyone, from their award-winning firewall to their anti-virus and secure email software. Their goal is to change people's abilities to not authenticate anything online to being able to authenticate everything online. I think that is a great idea.
Monday, September 22, 2008
We all know that there comes a time with any diet or exercise program where you stop seeing results, or you get bored. This workout is designed to keep your body moving, which leads to continuos fat burning and muscle toning. Celebrity trainer Eric Paskel has worked with some of Hollywood's hottest bodies. His dvd's can help to give you those same results.
XFLOWSION also offers dvd's lead by Eric Paskel, specific to certain areas. With Amazing Abs, you can get a high intensity core workout, both on the floor and standing. If you want a total body workout, focusing on strength, toning, and flexibility, The Body Blast is the workout for you. Need to reduce stress and anxiety? Try Calm Down Dog, a yoga-centric workout. Looking to work out to a live band? Try Live In Hollywood, which is filmed in high definition with 5 cameras and 5.1 surround sound. Whatever your workout needs, XFLOWSION is a must have!
I am losing my girls....christine is MIA, crystal is too happy to blog (yay for her!!!), and carrie is starting a new job (yay for her, too!!!). I am going to miss my daily visits. BUT...I still have everyone else, and my newest BFF jenn. (keep an eye on your mailbox, girlie! You should have a surprise in there by wednesday!)
If you have tried today to get onto my journey, you probably realized that it is inaccessible. I am debating what to do with it right now. I'll keep you posted.
I guess that's about it for my monday. I am going to try and relax so my head eases off a bit.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
1.) Go ahead, get a piece of paper and a pen. Prepared? Okay!
2.) Write a pangram* in your language. Sign your paper with your first name or your nickname (not your signature!!!). You can also include your blog URL if you want to.
3.) Take a picture.
4.) Post it on your blog! Leave a comment here (or a trackback) once you have posted.
5.) Link back and tag - don’t be shy!
Here is mine:
* A pangram, also known as holalphabetic sentence, is a sentence that contains all letters of the alphabet at least once. “The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.” is a common example in English. There are pangrams in all languages - for a little inspiration spy *here*. Feel free to use one of these common examples or come up with something on your own.
I tag jenn, carrie and diana.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Her friend said....
"you dress how you want other people to treat you. If you dress nice, you are treated better."
I am all for having pride in your appearance. I am all for looking your best when you go out.
BUT...what if your best is someone else's worst?
Does that mean you shouldn't be treated with respect?
Does that give people the right to be mean and hurtful towards you?
What if I can't afford the $75 haircut, and my hubby trims my hair when it needs it?
What if I can't afford to shop at the mall, and all my clothes come from wal-mart? Or thrift shops?
What if I am overweight, and already selfconscience about my appearance?
What if I'm extremely shy, and dress more to blend in with the crowd than to stand out?
Do all these things give other people the right to be cruel?
Now you're probably thinking something happened to prompt this post. Well, it didn't. Nobody was rude to me, or hateful. In fact, while out shopping yesterday, people were friendly and polite. I am one of those people who understands what it is like to be a cashier in a busy store. I used to work in a supermarket. And mcdonald's. I know first hand how customers think that long lines are your fault, no matter how well you are doing your job. It's the people who are impatient, and rude to those who work HARD for their little, minnimum wage paychecks that get on my nerves. It shouldn't matter what you have on. How poeple dress does not define them, at least not in my little world.
My kids have more love than they know what to do with!
They have a roof overhead, and food to eat.
They have security, and are learning that nothing in life is free.
They see their dad go to work everyday, and work hard to support this family.
They respect other people, and know I will not tolerate them being intentionally mean or judgemental.
We dress in wal-mart clothes.
And it doesn't matter!
Friday, September 19, 2008
And the second name was.......smalltown rn!!! She gets whichever sign carrie doesn't pick!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Credits: Paper & Elements Created by Kim Jensen / Layout by JennyL
1. Don’t remove the credits when you post the image.
2. Please link back to the person who tagged you.
3. If you have more than one blog, please post this to all of your blogs so your other blogs can be listed to the master list too.
4. You need to pass this tag to many friends you think loves shopping.
5. Remember to come back at BARGAIN.SALES.DEALS. and leave the exact post url so I can add you to the master list to help increase our rankings and improve our Technorati Authority.
6. Enjoy Shopping !!!
1) A Slice of Life 2.) Jenny Said So 3.) Simply Jen 4.) This and That 5.) Bargain.Sales.Deals. 6.) Me and Mine 7. Hobbies and Such 8. I am Mommy9. Quicker8 10. Nita’s Random Thoughts 11.) Nita’s Corner 12.) Bohol Paradise 13.) Filipino Online Community 14.) Batuananons 15.) Great Finds and Deals 16.) My Wandering Thoughts 17.) Arts and Entertainment Center 18.) PRC Board Exam Results 19.) Nita’s Ramblings 20.) Thomas Web Links 21. Thomas Travel Tales 22. Erlinda’s Wandering Thoughts 23.) Make Money Online 24. The Shopaholic in Me 25. Little Peanut 26.) Creative in Me 27.) Pea in a Pod 28. Moments of My Life 29. My Crossroads 30. Race Corner 31. A Beautiful Life 32. Cheeky Pinay 33. When Mom Talks 34. Aussie Talks 35. Shzainzy- My Thoughts 36). Shzainzy - Purely Music 37.) My Colorful World 38. Kidd Designs 39. A Reality Bite 40. Kikay Fashion 41. Sheng 42. JoySpeaking.Com 43. Life in Manila 44.MommaWannabe 45.Game FreakZ 46. Mummy Diaries 47. Mariuca's Perfume Gallery 48.A Little Girl Talk 49.Mom Knows Everything 50. my kids are my world 51. my beautiful creations
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
I was floundering for a TT this week. I was racking my brain as I made supper, when it hit me. I was putting lots of different things into my salad. Could there be 13? Let's count....
First, add (1) olive oil to a large skillet. Add (2) chicken breast, diced into small chunks. Cover with (3) seasoning. I use a grinder of spices specifically for chicken. Fry until chicken is fully cooked. While the chicken is cooking, boil water and dump (4) elbow macaroni. I use ronzoni smart taste, because it has 3x the fiber of regular pasta.
While the pasta cooks, chop (5) carrots, (6) black olives, (7) green olives, (8) sundried tomatoes, (9) cucumbers, and (10) green peppers. Put into a large bowl. Drain and rinse the pasta, then add to the bowl. Pour (11) italian dressing over everything, and sprinkle with (12) poppy seeds. Stick in the fridge until cool, or eat it warm. I'll never know! Either way, it's delicious.
I guess it seems I only have 12 ingredients. Maybe not. Because nothing I make is complete without one very important ingredient...
to participate, go here.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
The Spa Factory comes with everything you need to make your own perfume, lip gloss, facial masks and bath bombs. It also comes with an aroma therapy fountain!
If you have a little girl in mind who would love this, head here to enter!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Here are the rules. Find a safe quiet place free of significant others, nosey meme makers, priests, nuns, all things religious and men in general. (If you're a guy just reverse this process to male and tell us about your wallet, tool box, briefcase or metro sexual accessory.)
~describe the contents of your handbag:
I have one very pretty pink wallet, pink sticky notes (boo must have put them there!), my cell phone (it's on top of my address book, you just can't see it!), hair things for those times I have my window down in the car and my hair blows all over the place, my black address book, two brag books (picture albums), a blue notebook (because I can never remember anything! lol), pens and pencils, and some old grocery lists.
~what's the most important thing in your handbag:
my cell phone
~what's the most embarrassing thing in your handbag:
I have nothing embarrassing!
~what's the smallest thing in your handbag:
the pony tail holders
~is there anything illegal in your handbag:
if there is, I surely wouldn't take a picture of it! lol!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
My sister went home yesterday. It was a nice two weeks, but I will be happy to get back into our routine. I am not used to being out every day. I am a homebody by nature, and much more prefer to stay home. I am working on a great christmas gift. Or I might keep it for myself. We'll see in a day or two when it's done. There are still a few days left before I give away those beautiful signs, so if you haven't entered yet, just mention my giveaway on your blog, and leave a comment here. Only a few people have entered so far, so the odds are good!
Some of you might remember ryan's halloween birthday bash from last year. I had a ball with the food and decorations. This year, since kasi didn't have a party for her birthday (because of my FIL staying with us) I am letting them have a combined birthday bash. On oct.25. My mom wants to do the cake this year, and I'm glad because I don't know how I would have topped last years. I have a few games in mind, and I am doing the "monster toes" again, but I need some new ideas. Instead of bobbing for apples, I'm going to tie apples to a string and hang them outside, and they have to try and bite them without using their hands. I'm also thinking about a "rotten egg toss"...using hard boiled eggs...but they won't know that! I have a great yard for it this year. Hubby is going to put up big flood lights, and it's going to be cool. I already found some neat bowls at the dollar tree, plus I'm hoping to talk nicole into letting me borrow all her decorations again. If you have any good ideas, please share! I want this to be better than last year!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
17. You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
18. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie –don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
38. Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
42. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
44. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
45. The best is yet to come.
46. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
47. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
48. If you don’t ask, you don’t get.
50. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Isn't this a beautiful watch? It has a diamonds, a leather strap, and is water resistant to 100 meters. Thewatchery.com has this watch for $1995. That is 50% off the manufacturers' suggested retail price of $3995. That means you are saving $2000. How can you beat that price? They offer deals on men's and women's watches. Whether you are looking for leathers straps or stainless steel bands, diamonds or 18k gold plating, you will find exactly what you want because of the incredible varieties they have available. These are not refurbished or manufacturers rejects. They are beautiful timepieces made to keep perfect time. Since the early 1900's, tag heuer watches have been used to time major sporting events.
If you are looking for a great deal on a beautiful tag heuer watch for yourself or as a gift for someone special, thewatchery.com is the place to go.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
For me, I think debt management is the best option. This is where they consolidate your debt into one monthly payment, which is usually lower than what you're paying now. Then each month you make one payment, that is distributed to your creditors. This puts more money into your pocket each month, helping with food, gas, and all the other necessities. It also allows you to save some money.
Bills.com will give you a free, no obligation quote, without requiring your social security number or a credit check. If you think your credit is too bad, don't worry. They will help you too.
Do you all know kristen from mighty morphin' mama? She had her baby boy last night!!!! I'm sure he is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see pictures. Congratulations kristen!
Oh, and is it just me, or is everyone having trouble getting onto facebook? I try, and it closes, saying internet explorer could not open this site. It's been doing that for a few days, and I'm wondering if it's something I'm doing, or is it everyone.
Whatever your plans are today, have a good one!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
School started a few weeks ago. Getting all there things together was time consuming and expensive. I hate it when things get lost at school, and need to be replaced. Lunchboxes, notebooks, pencil boxes and book bags can all be easily labeled, if you have a DYMO label maker . With it, you can label everything your child takes to school, and if something happens to find its way into the lost and found, it can be returned to your child. For older kids, you can use the shiny, metallic labels, to give their book covers some sparkle. For younger kids, use the magnetic labels to make words for the fridge, that they can form into sentences. You can even use it to label the file folders in your office. The possibilities are endless.
As a mom of three, keeping their rooms clean is a challenge. Most of the time, I end up cleaning myself. All those little pieces lying around everywhere gives me a headache. I know where these things belong, but the kids will just throw them all together in a container. With a DYMO label maker, I could label the boxes so the kids know exactly where their toys belong. It might make it more fun for them to put things away! As any mom will tell you, making things like cleaning fun is a big help.